Tai Guey Taino Woods Community,
The beautiful and divine Atabeyra is calling us! The Land of Taino Woods is in full bloom with the mighty trees crowned in all of their Summer Solstice leaves. Our fervent (enthusiastic) fern friends have completely populated alongside our trails; and the magical fairies have begun popping up all around us, especially at nightfall by the generous and gracious River of YES!
As the Summer Solstice ignites a sense of nourishment for the work we have done intrinsically and extrinsically, we can begin to seek deeper, more fulfilling experiences. Experiences that not only fill our cups, our life force energy, our vessels, but also fill the hearts of others.
Come to Taino Woods Sanctuary and give back to yourSelf and to Atabeyra for all that She has given us. From Friday July 1st until Thursday July 7th, and every weekend of July, we will be on the Land continuing the humbling work of living alongside and with Mother Earth. Creating firewood, preparing the garden, reinforcing our trails; we encourage you to spend some time at Taino Woods. You deserve it; and Atabeyra does too.
Remember, all volunteer check-ins for work weekends are Fridays between 4pm and 9pm; or Saturdays by 8am. Volunteering will wrap up by 2pm on Sundays.
Aren’t able to travel to the Land? We understand; and although we will miss you, we are graciously collecting donations for tools, machines, and other necessities for maintaining the Land and supporting our visitors and community members. Here is our GoFundMe page: Taino Woods Rising; we are about half way to our $11,000 goal!
Unsure about what to do this summer? Taino Woods has got your back!
- Saturday July 16th at Taino Woods, only upon your interest and reservations, “Tobacco Taita” Roman Guaraguaorix is offering a workshop about the medicinal and traditional uses of sacred tobacco.
- A second opportunity to attend this event is the following weekend, Saturday July 23rd at the Blossom Dell Sanctuary.
Here is the intended schedule for this workshop:
- Kambo Ceremony: 7:30am-10:30am with a $75 donation
- Purification Lodge: 11:30am-1pm with a donation of your choice
- Tabaku Workshop: 2pm-6pm with a $100 donation
Please note that the purification lodge is only available to those who participate in either the Kambo Ceremony or Tabaku Workshop.
Reserve your spot by Saturday July 9th with a $20 donation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Overnight stays are available upon request; and they are encouraged. Staying at Taino Woods prior to and following these ceremonies allows for your mind, body, and spirit to fully rest in the deep and important healing you have participated in. Allow the medicine to fully integrate before running back to the hustle and bustle.
- Sunday July 17th, we are hosting a purification lodge Community ceremony. In honor of this beautiful community we are all a part of, we hope you will join us in this ancient and sacred gathering; an opportunity for us to share our prayers for each other, our loved ones, and our worldwide community.
- Saturday July 30th, we will gather in a purification lodge ceremony to honor and commune with the New Moon. The New Moon symbolizes new beginnings, and as we enter into the month of August, we seek to nourish our bodies and our spirits, to replenish ourselves for what we wish to create.
- Saturday August 13th, we will have our Full Moon purification lodge as we reflect upon ourselves and that which is around us. We gather to pray in community; to be grateful for what Creator and Atabeyra have given; and to share our love, prosperity, and gifts with others.
- Saturday August 27th, we will close out the month with a New Moon purification lodge. For those seeking sustenance, an opportunity to restore ourselves to oneness, wholeness, and lovingkindness with the start of this moon cycle.
Reserve your spot for any, or for all of these ceremonies at: email@example.com
Our generous Michael will be bringing the PowWow drum to Taino Woods on Saturday July 16th and Saturday July 30th. This is an extra special gift to be able to be with and create with this sacred instrument. Join us in this performative prayer!
Our Drumming Circle will gather on Fridays July 29th and August 12th from 5pm to 7pm. This is a wonderful opportunity for those seeking to learn the songs and drumming of our ancestors, (a form of prayer); a reason to meet new people, (a form of prayer); and a chance to commune with Mother Earth, (a form of prayer). What can be better than that?
Seeking a little more? We have the perfect event. From August 12th to the 14th, Taino Woods is welcoming D’atiao from Colombia to host a gathering of the tribes retreat.
For more information about the retreat’s itinerary and expenses, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Giveaways, Shout-outs, and More:
Taino Woods is having its very first raffle! In alignment with this summer’s fill of purification lodges, we are raffling purification lodge dresses! Hand-made by our Ecuadorian Elder Nelly with prayers of healing and prosperity, these ceremonial dresses come in sizes small (SM) to extra-extra large (XXL). The raffle starts at $5 per ticket. Upon winning this wonderful prize, it can be picked up at Taino Woods, or for a fee of $10, it can be mailed to you. This raffle is limited to the first 20 people! The winner will be announced at the next community sweat! (Psst – that’s Sunday July 17th.).
A special shoutout to our dedicated and oh-so-special volunteers who have helped Taino Woods with preparing the new bathroom, tending the land and current shower, and gathering materials, thank you from the bottom of our hearts: Jessenia, Honest, Luz, Will, Olga; and a very special shoutout to our Rita. You have done so much for us from helping on the Land to always bringing delicious food to every event to maintaining and growing our Instagram (@tainowoodsny — you should totally follow us). We are taking on more than ever, thanks to you! Bo Matum!
In need of some serene rest and rejuvenation? Taino Woods camping is available! We have multiple campsites each with their own magic. We will offer you cedar upon arrival to pray with the fire. For more information, go to: https://www.hipcamp.com/en-US/discover/new-york/fairy-magical-sweet-land
See you on the Land!